COVID-19 has forever changed the way that people everywhere live their lives. One of the industries experiencing tremendous growth due to restrictions is telemedicine.
Telemedicine provides accessible healthcare to people without needing to take a trip to the doctor’s office.
This breakthrough in healthcare has three components.
- People – The patients and doctors.
- Tools – Video, audio, software, apps, or hardware.
- Connectivity – An internet connection.
Traditional medicine requires going to emergency rooms, hospitals, and medical offices, sometimes having to wait for hours with others who aren’t feeling well. This way of doing things isn’t the best idea in the era of COVID-19.
In many cases, treatment can get done at home with medicine from a local pharmacy. Virtual appointments get attended by video conferencing software. During this meeting, the doctor talks to the patient, gathering vital information such as their body temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and symptoms they’re experiencing.
Applications that store EHRs, or Electronic Health Records, allow the patient and doctor to communicate and prescribe medicine. Patients gain access to telemedicine applications that assist in their treatment.
Why Do You Need Your Own Telemedicine Application?
When weighing whether telemedicine is right for your practice, please answer these questions.
- Do you have more patients than doctors have available time?
- Do doctors need to work remotely from home?
- Do many of your patients live far from your clinic or have difficulty with transportation to office appointments?
- Did you close the clinic during the quarantine?
- Do most of your patients have a smartphone?
The more questions you answered, “yes,” the more you’re likely to benefit from implementing telemedicine into your healthcare practice.
Selecting The Best Telemedicine Software
There are dozens of telemedicine software as products or services already on the market. Many of these go-to-market solutions offer plenty of functionality, support, and features.
However, if you require a customized and flexible solution to meet your practice’s needs, an out-of-the-box telemedicine program probably won’t fit your every requirement.
Luckily, custom telehealth application development isn’t as difficult as you might think. Sprinterra is here to help you move your telehealth arm to the next level.
Laying Down The Blueprint
To ensure your custom software gets built to suit, it’s a good idea to define the functionality you need in the software. You can use our checklist to see which exact functions you need in your application.
With this information handy, contact vendors with an inquiry to request a proposal outlining the terms and costs.
To ensure a realistic offer from the vendor, you can order an audit of your project specifications and request a proposal. You’ll end up saving time and money.
If you contact multiple vendors, select the one you want to work with to develop your custom application. After starting the project, stay in touch with your vendor throughout the development process. By doing so, you can monitor progress and steer developers if something needs to get addressed right away.
The longer developers work on the wrong items, the more you’re going to pay for app development.
Vital signs you’ve chosen the right vendor include:
- The vendor delivered a project plan, application wireframe (design), and solution architecture.
- Deadlines and milestones get set along with a fee for a delayed or missed deadlines.
- The application matches compliance such as HIPAA, GDPR, and other specific regulations, defined in the contract.
- The meeting plan is defined.
- The company provides an outline of all dev op processes.
- The vendor works with standards such as SDLC, JAD, or RAD.
- The vendor has in its portfolio similar applications.
The Sprinterra team is always available to customize the telemedicine and other software technology that improves your processes and increases productivity. No matter what business goal you have in mind, we help with implementing a robust software solution. Please get in touch to talk about we can assist you in streamlining and growing your operations.